Tag Cloud

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

05 - Carpool Foodie

On the casual carpool today, I spoke with this woman who was a complete foodaholic! All she could talk about was restaurants. We were speaking of the neighborhood in Oakland where I'm from, and she mentioned various restaurants on Grand Ave.

Then, she asked me what my favorite restaurant in the area is. Y'know, I never really ate much around the area; I'd always just went out to Chinatown. But, not wanting to offend, I offered up my opinion on the tasty breakfast at the Lakeshore Cafe.

Then, she asked around where in the City I work. I noted around 4th and Folsom. She then noted about a restaurant named Lulu's, an upscale yuppy trendy expensive place across the street from my office. In an attempt to sway to other conversations, I asked her about her work. Oh, then she mentioned restaurants around her workplace and then her former offices.

Food, food, food!

No comments: