Tag Cloud

Sunday, January 18, 2009

23 - the Hob Nob - Alameda

1313 Park St,(between Alameda Ave & Encinal Ave), Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 769-1011

Last visit: January, 2009



The Hob Nob is a place where food, games, and drinks meet in Alameda. They actually have a server and a kitchen, and I found it interesting that they have daily specials. It's a dimly lit place that caters to who seem to be regulars there. They have one flat-screen that shows predominantly hockey for some reason. It's good that there's only one screen I guess, nowadays places are decked out with five or six at least. 

We get there early and the eating crowd is still there. I order their Blue Berry Mojito, which came with too much blue berry. My friends order their tequilla and Tecate combo and a pink cosmo-like drink. The drinks are pretty strong at the Hob Nob, so don't go crazy in ordering your cocktails. I try their Long Beach later and it has a bit of a kick to it. 

Our food comes in due time. I recommend the garlic fries. Quite a treat while watching the games on TV. They have the usual sports bar menu with daily specials. I have to try the burgers next time. 

Board games are in the back, and so are some in the front of the bar. We check out the scrabble and began our night of word banter and stories over drinks. I would like to go there again. 


No comments: