Tag Cloud

Monday, February 8, 2010

46 - Arizmendi's Bakery - Oakland

3265 Lakeshore Ave, Oakland, CA 94610, (510) 268-8849

Last visit - February 2009

400 reviewers say this place is above par, and I have to agree. They make good tasting food that makes you feel better after. Going to get their cranberry muffins have become a Saturday ritual for me for awhile, and I don't plan on stopping. They have a great window counter for you to watch people and their pastries never disappoint. It's great seeing the passersby from Grandlake move about their business.

The last time I was there I tried their cornmeal muffin and blueberry muffin: both good, but not as great as the cranberry one still. Their pizzas are good even if you don't like veggie pizzas. I often go with a slice if I'm in a lunch mood. For some reason, pizza and coffee don't turn out too bad there. The place is employee owned? I'm not positive about that but I know that they are amazingly friendly. The evil inside me wants to see if I can get away with pilfering a muffin, but it's like attacking a mac computer with a virus - why? People will always love Arizmendi's and they don't need many words to justify it, great food from great people.

No comments: