Tag Cloud

Sunday, September 21, 2008

14 - Osha's Thai Restaurant - San Francisco

Osha's Thai Restaurant - 696 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102, (415) 673-2368

Last visit: August 2008

Osha's website

Osha's Thai restaurant rests on top of a small hill between Geary and Leavensworth in San Francisco. The clientele are your typical hippie west coast connoisseurs. I get there at a quarter to seven and I sit down to order food with my friends; one of them is from Texas.

The food is good. I never tried papaya salad before, and I always thought that it was like the sweet papaya, but it was actually really refreshing. The texture is like turnip, but it soaks in a lot of taste from the salad dressing. I order a Barbecue chicken dish, which is nothing like the chicken that you drench in sweet and sour BBQ sauce. It turns out to be grilled chicken with BBQ sauce on the side. My friends like it though, as we cleaned up the plates.

One thing that I notice is that there are no pictures of the Thai King in the restaurant. That's actually a funny observation that my friend Ivan proclaimed, all Thai restaurants have a picture of the Thai leader put up. Another one is that Thai restaurants require actual Thai people to make their food. It's odd, but it's mostly true.

Oisha's is a good place, and just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown San Francisco.

No comments: