Tag Cloud

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

15 - Foster's Freeze - San Leandro

2601 Alvarado St., San Leandro, CA 94577, (510) 357-2094

Last Visit: September 29th, 2008


I hope I don't make a habit of this, writing up a place from a restaurant chain, but I do enjoy this particular Foster's Freeze. This is the only one I have ever been to, this is probably the only one that I will ever go to - voluntarily.

The thing is, this Foster's is owned by a Korean guy. I don't know what the stereotype is about Korean chefs, but this burger artist is actually really skillful. He likes to arrange everything in the burger just right, so that when you bite into it, you'd hit all the insides every time: lettuce, onions, cheese, and good old beef. The Korean guy is generally happy, and if you ever go, ask him to make a Boss burger. It's his master-piece.

I went there last Monday, September 29th. I guess nothing but gloom faces for that day. Congress had rejected the vote for a $700 billion dollar bail-out plan for Wall Street. The Dow Jones dropped an unprecedented -777 points. I lost a tenth of my portfolio in the morning. I guess that didn't mean much. I was still able to buy a burger at Fosters. My girlfriend did the math: Instead of the bail-out, if we split the amount of money that they were going to give Wall Street amongst the 300 million Americans in the United States, we'd each get $2300 and change. I rather like that instead of bailing out people who made bad business judgments.

Not a great post, but I do enjoy throwing in the events of the day into my blogs.

Yelp's two cents: - Read Chad L.'s review.

No comments: