Tag Cloud

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

29 - Frank's Saloon - San Leandro

2014 Marina Blvd, San Leandro, CA.94577, (510) 895-0140

Last visited - June, 2009

(image from citysearch.com) One of the things I grow fondly of is the amount of lesser known eateries around the Bay Area. If the East Bay restaurants were to be made into a Monopoly board many of the casual diners would be made to resemble Baltic and Mediterranean avenue. It's quite sad, but a lot of these places deserve a brief visit if one has the time.

Yesterday I went back to Frank's Saloon towards the Marina in San Leandro for some tacos. They do it pretty good there. These little soft shell tapas with spicy pork and chicken. It's definitely got a kick and the price is cheap. I think it's about $1.75 each, and you can get full off of four of these. They did a remodel to the kitchen so it's a bit cleaner. The people there usually buy the food to supplement their drinking and drinking games.

The bar is friendly and there are three TV's for the usual sports. I think the price of drinks is low, so you don't have to worry too much forking up the tab for a round. There are two pool tables and an electronic dart board. I played a sorry game of darts the last time I was there. I'm usually there for the tacos and beer. If you're headed to San Leandro and find yourself towards the Marina, I suggest you go in for a bite too.

No comments: